What is Dlinkrouter.local?
D-Link routers come with the most advanced technology as they are specially built to match the latest high bandwidth-demanding online activities. Like any other wireless router, a Dlinkrouter can also be configured via dlinkrouter.local. Dlinkrouter.local is a web address through which users can tweak the settings of their routers as well.
In this guide, you will be provided with all the necessary information regarding how to setup D Link router via dlinkrouter.local, troubleshoot D Link router setup issues, perform D Link firmware update, and various other related topics. Continue reading to find out more about what dlinkrouter.local has to offer.
D Link Router Setup via Dlinkrouter Local
As mentioned above, if you want to setup D Link router, you need to access dlinkrouter local. Mentioned below are the instructions that you need to go through in order to perform D Link router setup via the dlinkrouter local web address:
- Unbox your Dlinkrouter. Make sure that no accessory gets damaged during the process of unboxing.
- Plug your Dlinkrouter into an electrical wall outlet.
Note: Ensure that your Dlinkrouter is receiving an uninterrupted power supply from the electrical outlet.
- Press the Power button.
- Grab an Ethernet cable and connect your wireless router to the existing modem.
Note: If the cable connecting your devices has cuts, it is advised that you get it replaced.
- Once a stable connection between your devices has been created, switch on your PC.
- Launch an internet browser on your PC of your choice.
- Type dlinkrouter.local in the URL bar of the internet browser.
- Press the Enter key.
- The dlinkrouter local page will come into view.
- When prompted, fill in the default username and password.
- Click Log In.
- On the D Link router setup wizard, follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: Follow the on-screen prompts in the exact order as they are given on the D Link router setup wizard. Otherwise, not to sound negative, but you might not be able to complete the setup process successfully.
By following these guidelines, you can easily setup D Link router via dlinkrouter.local. In case, you come across any technical issues during the setup process, feel free to get in touch with our technical experts.
D Link Router Setup via 192.168.0.1 IP
Apart from using dlinkrouter.local, you can also use the default IP address to configure a Dlinkrouter. So, walk through the below-outlined steps and learn how to perform D Link setup via the default 192.168.0.1 IP address:
- Make sure that your D-Link router is getting an uninterrupted power supply from the electrical outlet.
- Also, ensure that your router is properly connected to the existing modem.
- Once assured, open your favorite internet browser on your computer.
Note: The cache, cookies, and browsing history of your internet browser should be cleared. Otherwise, you won’t be able to stop yourself from facing technical issues in the future.
- In the address bar of the browser, type dlinkrouter local.
- Press Enter.
- Enter the default login credentials and click Log In.
- Follow the on-screen prompts given on the D Link router setup wizard.
In this manner, you will be able to setup D Link router via the default IP address in as hassle-free way.
Know About the D-Link Router Login Process
If you are wondering about how to log in to your Dlinkrouter, then relax, because we’ve got you covered. With only a few simple steps, we’ll tell you how to access the D Link router setup wizard. Once you are done logging in to your device, you are free to change its default password, update firmware, and much more.
But, before you get started with the D-Link router login process, there are certain things that you need to take care of:
- Make sure that you are aware of the correct web address of your router.
- You should have the default username and password written down somewhere. You will get these details either in the user manual or on the label of the device.
Once you have taken care of these things, follow the steps mentioned below and learn how to log in to your Dlinkrouter:
- Connect your router and the existing modem using a wire or wireless source.
Note: If you decide to create a wired connection between your D-Link router and the existing modem, make sure that the cable is not worn out or damaged from anywhere.
- Turn on your PC.
- Open up a web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera, Microsoft Edge, etc.
- Access dlinkrouter.local.
- Note: You can also make use of the default IP address to log in to your D-Link WiFi router.
- When asked, enter the default admin details into their respective fields.
- Click the Log In button.
Once the D Link router setup wizard appears, know that you have successfully logged in to your wireless device.
Dlinkrouter.login Not Working?
Although accessing dlinkrouter.local is not rocket science, however, many users come across issues while doing so. But, worry not. What are we here for?
Take the help of the below-mentioned tips and get to know how to troubleshoot the dlinkrouter.local not working issue in a jiffy.
a) Use the Correct Web Address
One of the major reasons why you are not able to access dlinkrouter.local with ease is because you have used an incorrect web address.
To troubleshoot the issue, make sure that you are typing the correct web address in the URL bar of the internet browser. Don’t forget to cross-check it before hitting Enter.
b) Use the Default IP Address
It isn’t necessary that you need to only use the default web address to log in to your D-Link wireless router. You can also make use of the default IP to access the D Link router login page.
Note: Avoid typos while entering the default IP address. One single character is enough to redirect you to a website you don’t want to land on.
c) Verify the Ethernet Connection
Chances are that the Ethernet cable connecting your Dlinkrouter and the existing modem is damaged due to which you are unable to access dlinkrouter.local.
Therefore, make sure that the cable is not worn out or damaged from anywhere. Additionally, ensure that your wireless devices are placed in close proximity. Otherwise, coming across the dlinkrouter.local not working issue is just the beginning.
d) Disable Antivirus Software
Yes, installing antivirus software on your WiFi-enabled device is a good thing as it safeguards your device from potential threats.
However, sometimes antivirus software can stop you from accessing certain websites. But, worry not. Disable this software for some time and that will resolve the dlinkrouter.local not working issue for you.
e) Avoid WiFi Interference
Perhaps, you have placed your Dlinkrouter near transmitting appliances, metal objects, electronic devices, and reflexive surfaces. Such devices can interrupt or completely block the signals of your device.
Thus, it is recommended that you place your D-Link router away from mirrors, fish tanks, treadmills, televisions, cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, refrigerators, microwave ovens, aluminum studs, etc.
Also, do not place your Dlinkrouter in corners or near thick concrete walls.
f) Update the Internet Browser
Another reason why you are struggling with the dlinkrouter.local not working issue is because the internet browser you are using is not running on its updated version.
Therefore, go to Settings menu of your internet browser, and update it. Also, make sure that you clear the cache, cookies, and browsing history of the browser you are currently using.
g) Contact Your Internet Service Provider
If there is an internet issue from the end of your Internet Service Provider, it can also stop you from accessing dlinkrouter.local.
To get rid of the issue, it is advised that you get in touch with your ISP. If he agrees that the internet issue is from his side, ask him to get it resolved as soon as possible.
Now, check whether you are able to access dlinkrouter.local or not. If not, then it looks like you need to keep reading.
h) Reboot Your Dlinkrouter
Technical glitches are one of the major reasons why users get stuck with Dlinkrouter-related issues. There is a possibility that you are facing the dlinkrouter.local not working issue because of technical glitches. To eliminate them, all you need to do is, reboot your device. Here’s how:
- Disconnect your Dlinkrouter from the existing modem.
- Power off your router, and then, unplug it from the electrical outlet.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Then, plug your Dlinkrouter back into the wall socket and turn it on.
- Do not connect your router and the existing modem.
Did rebooting the router also did not help you troubleshoot the dlinkrouter.local not working issue? Well, it looks like you are left with no other option than to reset your device.
i) Reset Your D-Link Router
Walk through the guidelines given below and learn how to restore your D-Link router to the factory default settings:
- Look for the Reset button located at the bottom of your Dlinkrouter.
- Once found, carefully press it.
- Wait for some time.
As soon as you have finished resetting your device, reconfigure it by accessing the dlinkrouter.local web address.
We hope that the aforementioned troubleshooting tips will help you resolve the dlinkrouter.local not working issue. On the off chance, you are annoyed because of the same issue; our experts aren’t that far to reach. Or, perhaps, you own a big home, and your router alone can’t help you satisfy your internet needs. If that is the case, consider getting dlink wifi extender.
How to Change Dlinkrouter Default Password?
Once you have successfully logged in to your router via dlinkrouter.local, the next step in line is to secure its network. Wondering what is the need?
Well, in a time where hackers and unauthorized users are ready to hack any network available, yours isn’t safe either. Therefore, it becomes really important for you to safeguard the network of your Dlinkrouter.
Here is how you can change the default password of your wireless device via dlinkrouter.local:
- Log in to your wireless router via dlinkrouter local.
- Input the default router username and password.
- Hit Log In.
- Once the D Link router setup wizard appears, go to the Admin tab.
- Navigate to the Password field under the Admin tab.
- Assign a new password to your Dlinkrouter.
- Click Apply.
- Wait for some time and let the changes that you have made to your device get saved.
And with that, you will successfully be able to change the default password of your D-Link router via the web address.
If you want any help in changing the password of your device, don’t hesitate to reach out to our technical experts. They are available at every hour of the day to assist you.
How to Change Dlinkrouter WiFi Password?
In order to change the WiFi password of your Dlinkrouter by accessing the D Link router setup wizard, you need to follow the below-mentioned guidelines:
Firstly, create a connection between your router and the existing modem with a wire. Once a strong connection between your devices has been established, follow the below-outlined steps:
- Log in to your Dlinkrouter either using the default web or IP address.
- Enter the default admin details on the login window.
- Once you are on the D Link router setup wizard, click the Wireless tab.
- Scroll down to the Wireless passkey under the WiFi security option.
- Input a new WiFi password for the network of your router.
- Hit Save.
- In some time, your changes will get saved.
Congratulations! In this manner, you will be able to change the WiFi password of your Dlinkrouter with ease.
Steps to Perform D Link Firmware Update
Apart from changing the default and WiFi password, performing D Link firmware update can also help you in securing your Dlinkrouter. Not that just, but updating the firmware will also fix errors and bugs.
Thus, take the help of the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps and learn how to perform Dlink router firmware update to the latest version:
- Start by downloading the Dlinkrouter firmware first by visiting the D-Link support website.
- Access the D-Link router login page using dlinkrouter.local.
- Fill in the default username and password.
- Click Log In.
- You will get redirected to the D Link router setup wizard.
- Click the Firmware section.
- Select Browser to locate as well as get the downloaded file.
- Once located, upload it.
- Wait for the D Link firmware update process to get completed.
- As soon as the Dlink router firmware update process finished, your device will reboot itself to save the changes.
After performing D Link firmware update, you can make use of the all the latest security features and take the level of your Dlinkrouter to the latest version.
Can’t Perform Dlink Router Firmware Update?
Many users get stuck while trying to perform D Link firmware update. If you are one of them, you should consider following the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps. They will surely help you resolve the Dlink router firmware update failure issue:
- If the electrical outlet into which your Dlinkrouter is plugged is damaged, it is recommended that you plug your device into another wall socket.
- Ensure that you are downloading the correct firmware version for you device.
- The connection between your Dlinkrouter and the existing modem should not be loose. Instead, it should be finger-tight.
- Do not make the mistake of following the wrong instructions to update your device.
- Avoid typos while entering the default login username and password while accessing the D Link router setup wizard.
- Ensure that your WiFi-enabled device has access to a blazing-fast and lag-free internet connection.
Once you have taken the help of these troubleshooting tips, try to perform D Link firmware update again. If you are still struggling with the same issue, then it is advised that you contact our well-versed technicians. They are working round the clock to assist you.
Most Common Dlink Issues
Users get stuck with various issues while making use of their Dlink routers and extenders. Some of the most common WiFi issues are as follows:
- Dlinkrouter.local not working
- Router not accepting password
- Dlink router slowing down internet
- WiFi router not detecting modem
- Dlink router not showing WiFi
- Router keeps turning off
- Router keeps saying no internet
- Dlink router not working with iPhone
- Router power LED blinking red
- Dlink router keeps rebooting
- Dlink router not working after reset
- WiFi router stays offline
- Lost router login credentials
- WiFi router not showing 5GHz
- dlinkap.local not working
- Extender won’t connect to router
- Extender not working
- WiFi extender login not showing
- Forgot WiFi extender password
- WiFi repeater keeps disconnecting
- Extender not showing on network list
- WPS light red on extender
- Can’t reset my extender
- WiFi extender won’t accept password
- Dlink extender not working with my router
- My wifi extender is so slow
- Extender not taking password
- Dlink firmware update not working
If you encounter even one of these issues, it is recommended that you get contact our technical experts. They will surely be able to help you resolve it within minutes.
Dlink Router FAQs
Why is my Dlink router so slow?
Dlink router getting slow issue can occur due to various reasons. If you are also struggling with the same, then check the Dlink troubleshooting tips listed below:
- Change WiFi Channel of your Dlink router
- Update firmware of WiFi router
- Change password of your router
- Disconnect unwanted devices from your Dlink network
- Keep Dlink router away from WiFi interference
With the implementation of these tips, you will be able to fix Dlink router slowing down issue.
Dlink router not turning on. How can I fix it?
If your Dlink router is not turning on, then check if the hardware of your device is working in a fine manner. In addition, verify if the wall outlet to which you have plugged in your Dlink router is giving a sufficient power supply or not.
Why am I unable to do Dlink router login?
You will not be able to do Dlink router login due to various reasons which are as follows:
- Use of outdated web address.
- The web browser you are using is packed with the junk of cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- Wrong router login details have been used.
- Connection between your router and modem is not stable.