Complete Guide on How to Change DLink WiFi Password
If you have installed a DLink extender at your home for expanding the WiFi coverage of your existing router, then it is important for you to secure your device by changing its WiFi password. This write-up will guide you on how to change DLink WiFi password in a matter of minutes and make your DLink extender safe and secure from potential threats. Let’s get started!
How to Change DLink WiFi Password?
Luckily, changing the WiFi password of a DLink extender is not rocket science. Even if you are a non-techie, you can easily change DLink WiFi password by following the steps below:
- Launch a Web Browser
For executing the password changing process of your DLink WiFi extender, first and foremost launch a web browser on the device connected to your WiFi. Although you can choose between any web browsers, however, make sure the one you use is up-to-date and is free of the clutter of cache and cookies.
- Log In to Your DLink Extender
As soon as you are done with opening a web browser, type the default web address of your DLink extender into the address field of your browser to access the login page. You will then need to fill in your default login credentials and proceed further by hitting Next.
- Locate Change DLink WiFi Password Option
Completion of D-Link extender login process will take you to the web GUI of your device. Reaching here, navigate to Settings and find the change DLink WiFi password option. The location of the option may vary from model to model. So, check the Settings tab thoroughly.
- Change DLink Extender Login Default Password
The moment you select the option, you will be asked to set a new password for your DLink extender. So, do the same! However, make sure to set a hard-to-crack password for your device. You can add special characters, numbers, and alphabets to your password to make it strong.
- Save Changes
Are you done with changing the password of your DLink extender? Great! Well, FYI, the changes made by you will come into effect only if you will hit the Save button. So, do as suggested!
- Log Out and Log In Again
Confirm whether the changes made by you to your D-Link extender password have been saved or not. For this, log out of your extender and log in again using the changed password. If you will find yourself on the dashboard of your DLink extender, then congratulations you have successfully changed DLink WiFi password.
- If you want to avoid the hassle of changing your extender’s password again and again, then consider creating a Guest Network account on your device, especially if your home is packed with guests every weekend.
- While changing the password of your DLink extender, keep in mind to enable the password recovery feature just in case you forget your login details.
- Don’t overburden your extender by connecting a hoard of WiFi devices to it. Connect only those devices which are in use.
- Change the SSID of your extender also for adding an additional layer of security to your device. To know the process of changing the DLink extender SSID, consider contacting our technical experts for quick assistance.
- Don’t share your WiFi password with every other people, not even with your kids. If you have set parental controls on your extender, then sharing the password of your WiFi can break the process of keeping an eye on your kids’ online activities.
In a Nutshell
Here ends our guide on how to change DLink WiFi password. We hope following the steps given in the tutorial, you will be able to secure your extender by making changes to its password. In case of any help while changing the DLink extender password, you are free to contact our technical experts at any hour of the day.
We wish you have a great WiFi experience with your DLink WiFi range extender.