How to do D Link WiFi Extender Setup?
Is your home WiFi router not offering you a satisfying internet experience? Are you looking to intensify the range of your existing router? Is your home having no WiFi zones? If your answer to any of these questions is yes, then doing d link WiFi extender setup can solve all your problems. Here we are going to give you a nudge on how to do D Link WiFi extender setup in a hassle-free manner.
There are various methods to execute the D Link WiFi extender setup process. You can either do it using the manual method or via WPS button, the choice is all yours. Below we will explain step-by-step instructions on doing Dlink WiFi extender setup using both the methods. So, let’s get started!
Dlink WiFi Extender Setup via WPS
Before you get started with the process of D Link WiFi extender setup using the WPS button, make sure you have access to the following things:
- High-speed internet
- An already configured router supporting the WPS button
- Default login details of your Dlink WiFi extender
- And, of course, your Dlink extender
As soon as you get access to all these things, you are all set to commence the D Link WiFi extender setup process.
- Plug in your Dlink WiFi extender in the same room where your router is already configured.
- Power up the device by settings the power button to the on position.
- Now, locate and press the WPS button on your Dlink WiFi extender.
Note: The location of the button may vary as per the extender model you are using. So, look for it around all the sides.
You’re all done! Now, unplug your Dlink WiFi range extender and place it at the location of your choice for enjoying seamless internet connectivity in all areas of your home.
Here ends our step-by-step guide on how to do D link WiFi extender setup using the WPS button. Let’s move ahead with the process of setting up the Dlink WiFi extender using the manual method.
D Link WiFi Extender Setup Using Web browser
This is one of the easiest methods if you want to complete the D Link WiFi extender setup process in a hassle-free manner. For executing this method, you must need an Ethernet cable as an additional thing. Rest all requirements will remain the same as that of the WPS method. Let’s now shed light on the steps explaining how to do D Link WiFi extender setup using the manual method:
- Connect your Dlink WiFi extender to the current router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Once done, plug in the device to a working power socket and turn on the power button.
- In a while, open a web browser on your computer and type the default web address of your Dlink WiFi extender, i.e. dlinkap.local into the address field.
- You will then get redirected to the login page of your Dlink WiFi extender.
- Reaching here, enter the default D-link Extender Login details into the given fields and click Login.
- You will then access the configuration page of your Dlink WiFi extender.
- Navigate to settings and click the Setup option.
- Enter your router’s password and proceed further by clicking Next.
- Optional! You can now change the password of your extender. You are not bound to keep it the same as that of your home WiFi router.
- Certain on-screen instructions will then reveal on your system screen.
- Follow all the steps the same as given and complete the configuration process of your Dlink WiFi extender using the manual method.
- With the completion of this step, your extender will reboot.
- You can now unplug your Dlink WiFi extender and plug it into the location of your choice.
This is all about how to do D Link WiFi extender setup using the default web address. We hope you will certainly get success with the process. Just in case you find yourself stuck at any point while doing the D Link WiFi extender setup, feel free to contact our team of technical experts for quick assistance. We’re 24×7 available, for your information.
Can’t Get D-link Extender Login Success?
There are times when users are unable to get success with the D-link extender login process. If you are struggling while accessing the D Link WiFi extender setup wizard due to login issues, then worry not. Below is the breakdown of steps explaining how to troubleshoot D-link extender login issues in a jiffy.
- You possibly have not used the right D-link extender login details to get success with the Dlink login process of your extender. If you have ever made changes to the D-link extender login details in an attempt to keep it safe from possible threats, keep in mind to use the changed login details. On the other side, if the D-link extender login details have not been changed by you to date, consider using the default credentials to get success with the D-link extender login process.
- If you are using an outdated software version on your web browser while accessing the D-link extender login page, then also you can get stuck with issues. To get it fixed, update your web browser to the latest version right away as well as consider erasing cache and cookies from it. Done? Great! Now, try to access the D-link extender login page and see if it works for you.
- Ensure that all the lights on your D Link WiFi extender are stable: there could be an issue related to wire connectivity. For this, check if the cable connecting your Dlink WiFi extender and router is finger-tight. Also, bear in mind to check whether all your devices are receiving fluctuation-free and enough power supply.
- Sometimes, the default IP address that is being used by you for accessing the D-link extender login page redirects you to a third-party website or shows an error message. If so, try using the default web address for accessing the D-link extender login page.
- If you have never updated the firmware version of your Dlink WiFi extender from the day you pay for it, then know that your Dlink WiFi extender needs a firmware update. While updating the D link firmware update, however, make sure you get it as per the model number of your Dlink WiFi extender.
- There could be a small technical glitch in the working of your Dlink WiFi extender. You can power cycle your Dlink WiFi extender in such a situation and see if it fixes the D-link extender login issue for you.
- Lastly, chances are you might have not completed the D Link WiFi extender setup process in a successful manner. To cope up with this condition, you need to reset your D Link WiFi extender to the default factory settings and then reconfigure it.
If you are not sure about how to reset a D Link WiFi extender to its default factory settings, then the next section is all you need to check. Read on
How to Reset Dlink WiFi extender?
- Unplug your Dlink WiFi extender from all the connected devices.
- Do not turn off the extender.
- Now, locate the Reset button on the WiFi device and press it.
- In a matter of minutes, your Dlink WiFi extender will get back to its default settings.
- Once done, you again need to perform the D Link WiFi extender setup process from scratch.
We hope this guide will help you make the most of your D Link WiFi extender. If there is any other issue we can assist you with regarding your D-link WiFi extender, contact our technical experts at any hour of the day.