In-Depth Guide to Perform Dlink Firmware Update on Extender
At times, users face problems with their D-Link WiFi extenders. The main cause of these problems is the outdated firmware of the extender. If you are also one of those users who keep on ignoring Dlink firmware update, , you’re following the wrong path. You should update the firmware of your extender from time to time to ensure its smooth functioning.
Wondering how to update the D-Link extender firmware? No worries! Here, we have prepared an in-depth guide to help you upgrade your device to its latest version by accessing the D-Link extender login page. So, read on.
How to Do Dlink Firmware Update on Extender?
I. Power Up Your D-Link WiFi Extender
Start the process of updating the D-Link firmware by powering up your extender. For this, find a wall outlet near your router. Once found, plug your D-Link WiFi extender into it. Press the Power button on your WiFi extender.
Now, wait patiently till the power LED on your D-Link extender becomes stable. If it doesn’t, then consider rebooting your wireless extender.
II. Connect Your WiFi Devices
The second step in the Dlink firmware update process is creating a connection between the extender and the host router. You can choose between a wired or a wireless connection. The choice is all yours. However, the connection between your WiFi devices should be firm.
Also, ensure that neither your D-Link WiFi extender nor the host router is placed near devices emitting electromagnetic radiations, reflexive surfaces, or metal objects.
III. Download the Firmware File
Once your D-Link extender and router are connected properly, get access to a PC or laptop. Now, open a web browser and download the latest firmware update file for your D-Link wireless extender. Unzip the firmware update file if needed.
Caution: Ensure to download the correct Dlink firmware update file for your extender. Else, it might disable the functioning of your WiFi extender.
IV. Log in to Your D-Link Extender
After downloading the firmware file for your D-Link extender, you need to upload it. Therefore, open a new tab in your web browser and move the cursor to its address bar. Type the default web address of the D-Link extender and press the Enter key.
When welcomed by the D-Link extender login page, type the default username and password of your range extender into the given fields. Thereafter, click the Log In button. You will be taken to the Dlinkap.local setup wizard.
V. Upload the Dlink Firmware Update File
On the Dlinkap.local setup wizard, navigate to the Management tab at the top right-hand corner of the screen. Now, select the Upgrade option from the drop-down menu. A window displaying the details of the current firmware version of your D-Link extender will appear.
Under the Upgrade Manually section, click the Select File button. Now, locate the Dlink firmware update file you extracted earlier. Once found, select the extender’s firmware file and click Open. Lastly, click the Next button and let your D-Link extender get updated to its latest version.
That’s how you can perform Dlink firmware update on your extender. However, if you are struggling to do the same, get in touch with our experts right now. To resolve the problem on your own, keep reading.
Fixed: Can’t Do Dlink Firmware Update
- Neither your D-Link WiFi extender nor the host router should be plugged into a damaged wall outlet. Remember that using damaged wall outlets might result in an insufficient power supply to your WiFi devices.
- Although antivirus software are good for your PC, they are also responsible for causing Dlink firmware update issues by preventing you from accessing dlinkap.local. Thus, disable them temporarily.
- If you have connected your D-Link extender to the router using a wired connection, make sure that the Ethernet cable should be damage-free. If not, then waste no more time replacing it with a new one.
- No matter which web browser you’ve used to update the D-Link extender’s firmware, it should not be outdated. Additionally, it needs to be free of cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- Type the default login credentials of your D-Link range extender carefully as they are case-sensitive. Take the help of the user manual if you are unsure about the extender’s default username and password.
After following the hacks discussed above, you’ll surely be able to perform Dlink firmware update. However, our experts are available 24/7 to assist you if you are still struggling to upgrade your D-Link WiFi extender.